Our residents are female – women between the ages of 18 and 65. 3 Edgar Street has a permanent respite bed always available for a female with moderate to severe learning disabilities, or mental disorder or eating problems or combination.
Caregivers need a break and respite Residents meet new people and make new friends.
Autistic spectrum respite is welcome.
Respite services are available on every day of the year, offering a service varying from one hour to a number of weeks. They are provided by trained and experienced staff. 3 Edgar Street is a small home which offers the following services tailored to the needs of the service user and her family including : introduction to respite (person-centred induction); Ask our Manager for rates which start at £65.00 per day depending on need and duration of stay.
- overnight stays;
- weekend respite breaks; weekly respite breaks or longer
- Emergency provision;
- culturally sensitive food; Emphasis on healthy eating
- recreation, social and leisure activities; access to local fitness centre
- supported independence skills;
- health practitioner support;
- support for religious preferences;
- family support;
- celebrating festivals and religious/cultural sensitivity
- personal care daytime support;
- 24-hour, after leaving support to resolve any problems;
- free access to phone to keep in touch with home;
- laundering of all service users’ clothes;
- single bedrooms including one on ground floor for limited mobility.
- emergency bed available.